10.16.2005

first day after :)

i'm lying here watching the ravens own the browns. awesome. i am so tired. the exhaustion is hitting me more today than it did at all yesterday after the marathon--is that normal? i have no idea. i've also eaten So Much Food. right now, i'm still trying to process the experience, so just wait for a bit. when i get my little camera's pix developed, i'll put those on and then do a play-by-play (or mile-by-mile?) so it's easier to understand. in the mean time, here are the pix that i do have, courtesy of mama beatty. thanks, mom!



Holy Cow! it's 5:30AM!!! i'm beautiful. :)










some people are amazing. and then there are obnoxious people who feel like they have to be cool and juggle for 26.2 miles...











me finishing. i'd been running for about five hours at this point, so i look like hell. woo!











mom and me, after the race. i'm so glad that she got to come down. we missed dad, who was at home, recovering from surgery (get well, dad!). anyway, she was my go-to girl, being such great support before, during and after the marathon. she got right up next to the start crowd and saw me off, and she got right up next to the finish route and saw me come in. i love my mom!!







and this is chris. i wasn't sure i'd told him to leave home to get here in time to see me at mile 6, so i was a little down and thought... "oh... i'll just have to see him when i'm done..." and then, out of nowhere, i'm coming around at mile 13, and he's sitting right there on the corner! he found me!!! and then he was at the end, waiting for me at unitas plaza. afterward, after everybody else had gone home, he took good care of me, even through my aches and whines. :) every marathoner should be so lucky to have somebody so patient! thanks, chris!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm in awe of you! Great job!