3.15.2006

glutton for punishment...

first of all, MAD PROPS to Wacky Neighbor for deciding to do a marathon. WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

as for myself, i decided that my first marathon in october didn't destroy my body enough. while i'm pleased that i fulfilled a long-held goal, i've since made up my mind that i need to grind myself into the ground. so. my goal for 2006: run practically every standard race distance this year (apart from ultras). i've given myself the option of copping out of a marathon, mostly because a) i'm not sure if i'll feel like it, and b) if i do, i don't want to repeat baltimore and don't know if i can afford to go to the marathon that i REALLY want to do. that marathon would be the VALLEY OF FIRE marathon in las vegas in november. do you still doubt that i'm a glutton for punishment? anyway, i have a few races already planned:

Pike's Peek 10K (rockville), 4/23
Lebanon VA 5K, 5/17
Annapolis 10 miler, 8/27, or Army 10 miler, 10/8
Baltimore half-marathon, 10/14

if i could afford it, i would love to do the Virginia Beach Rock & Roll half-marathon in early september. but again, some of these races are pricey, not to mention travel expenses... we'll see.

by christmas, i'll have either pounded myself to dust or become a distance running machine.

probably the latter.

:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll see you at the Baltimore half!

I've heard the Annapolis 10 miler is really brutal - especially that last part heading up Main Street.