12.29.2006

all i want for new year's is... a new butt.

the tradition of stealing posts from kim continues, so after some thought (not much), here is my set of fitness goals for 2007:


Joanna's Fitness Goals for 2007
  1. Fitness accomplishment - i plan on doing the catfish sprint triathlon in harrisburg in august. it's different, it's challenging, and i need something that will put me to the test again. i need something to get me back into the game. this should do it!
  2. Diet - nothing earth-shattering here. i just want to be a little more thoughtful about what/when i eat, and i'd like to spend more time in the kitchen. yeah, that's right. i'd like to make some more interesting meals and try a bunch of new things..
  3. Weight Loss - not such a huge deal for me, but i would like to drop to ~130-135. that would *feel* really good. i'm not worrying that i have to fit into a size 4 though. that's dumb. and i don't have the money to buy new clothes at a smaller size. and i like my curves. and so does chris. :)
  4. Running - enjoy it again. i must have a love/hate thing going with the sport. i think it's because i get so injured and/or burn out every single season. hopefully that'll change because, starting tomorrow, larry at brick bodies is going to help me figure out what the hell is going on with my body (super-tight hams, crunchy hips, etc, etc)
  5. Workouts - i'm going to try to get the necessary training for the tri. the nice thing about that is that it's essentially cross-training, so it'll help prevent both boredom and injury. also, once the gym's permanent site opens, i'm going to try a boxing or dance class, once a week. should be interesting.
  6. Weights and Muscle Tone - the issue here is finding a workout that works. my upper-body is fine, and the tone is great; it's the lower-body that's giving me trouble. my chronically tight hams generally cause other problems when i try to compensate, and i'm not sure how to create a lifting workout that will help rather than hurt. but, that's what larry is here for, so hopefully the leg problems will eventually be a thing of the past.
so we'll see how this goes. i'm anxious to get this started, and i think that this will be good for me in so many other areas as well.

but, i have to go. i have a dog who needs to pee.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i hear ya on the liking running thing. I think for me to like running again, I need to set smaller goals for myself this year (with races). No more marathons for a while.