12.02.2006

the saturday let-down

in this case, i don't think it's a bad thing when i say let-down. the past three weeks have been incredibly hectic, and this is the first chance i've had to breath and relax in my recliner. it's such a nice break. i still have a lot to do this weekend, but that's okay with me. i'll get to it.

one of the best things for me has been my music. my piano is now here, so i can play all the time. i've also become a little bit more than obsessed with my guitar, and i think it's calling to me right now...it's longing for me to cradle it...

anyway, i'd been debating as to how (or even if) i wanted to decorate my apartment for christmas. as it turns out, my parents have given me a bunch of things to use, so i'm now excited and glad that i have the opportunity to set an atmosphere for the holidays. as soon as i pulled my nativity out of its box, i knew that i needed to decorate. anyhow, i have the tree (fake) set up. i just have to fluff the branches before i hang the lights and ornaments. i also need to figure out how i'm going to suspend the stockings (one for me and one for toby) from the tv cabinet, and i need to put together an advent wreath.

ultimately, when it comes to emotions around the holidays, it's always hard for me, but it ends up being worth it...since it's not really about me anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would suggest you check the following http://www.finehomedisplays.com/stocking_hangers_hooks.asp