7.17.2005

sleeplessness and family

so once again, i can't sleep. i think it's because i watched "super troopers" with court and wadassie. we were up late laughing, and so now i'm wide awake. oh, and i can't get people off my mind. that happens with me. and i've got songs in my head. hopefully this will all go away so that i can be awake for the early service later this morning. where i have to sing. and be sort of a worship leader. eep.


here is my brother Geoff and his family, in a picture from Benicio's 2nd birthday. we all went to see Polar Express, and then we ate lunch in a train. seriously. we really did. anyway, from L to R, it's Geoff, Manny Day, Benicio and Maria. if i had to say, i'd think that Manny is a lot like my mom, in that, already at age 4, he's very musical. Benicio is like my dad because he's crazy about trains. Geoff is an artist and a teacher, and his animation is amazing. Maria is an at-home mom who writes poetry and teaches a Bradley class (a birthing method).



this is my cousin Rachel and my grandpa (my mom's dad). although she looks all grown up and mature now, just ask Rachel about our little fashion show at the beach. :) and grandpa is amazing--at 86, he volunteers at hospice each week, is active in his church in FLA and takes good long walks every morning. oh, and ten years ago, he got his LPN certification and worked as a nurse in a nursing home. this is after being a Navy man, teaching at a trade school and climbing around on roofs, helping my uncle with construction. amazing.

there will be more to come with my mom, and hopefully at some point i'll have a picture of her mom scanned and posted. i'll also try to get courtney, steve "bo flex" handy, matt-a-tat molter, laura, kate, marc, samy, val and jody and ed and jess and... stay tuned...

No comments: