3.23.2007

how old is old?

my back hurts like hell. my hamstring had been bugging me since january, but i've been soldiering through. that's bad idea #1. bad idea #2 is me upping my workout frequency in order to get my base fitness in before moving to tri-specific sessions. good idea #1 was taking a break after sunday when i got sharp pains in my lower back muscles during core work. bad idea #3 was not taking a break for long enough and running last night.

i felt decent enough to run, even though part of me knew that i was being an idiot. so, i decided to just go with the idiot idea and ran harder than i normally do. consequently, my back hurts, my butt hurts, my hip hurts, my hamstrings hurt, and my whole right leg is up in arms and considering a mutiny to make me hop the plank. anyway, i'm making myself just lay here all evening in my favorite recliner, and i'll have to take at least another week off. part of me is tempted to hit up the pool and sauna next monday or so, but we'll see how idiotic i feel that day.

other stuff is fine. i have to stick a sock in brian's mouth because he's the one who said i should come over and workout. he's a great guy and an awesome friend. but seriously. don't encourage the idiot. HOWEVER, i can't come down on him too hard since he has availed his 60" HD obnoxiously complicated tv to me, and brian, rom, and i got to watch some serious family guy the other night. plus, he got me taco bell for dinner. awesome.

at this point, i'm riding out the school year (only ~50 days left, and that includes field trips and other no-class days) and getting more and more excited about the tri. if i can get some people to come up to PA with me, that would be ridiculously awesome. but i digress.

okay, i have to paint some more bengay on myself and scream and writhe as my muscles spasm and attack my spirit. hopefully, watching a butler upset of florida will make me feel worlds better.

No comments: