6.22.2005

Mixed Drinks

i suppose i should welcome myself to my new blog. woo. i have a feeling that this is going to be a good place for everyone, meaning myself, to reevaluate stuff and generally post meaningless shit and brag about my dog. i'll probably also use this as an informal training log. yeah, i'm a runner, trying to get ready for the baltimore marathon. woo! i am excited about that. for me, that's more of a job (a fun one, though) than my real job. i can't get over how awesome it is. i guess to understand how that is, you have to know that i ran seriously starting at age 12 through 18, and then i left it cold for about seven years. i was getting pretty fast too. well, relatively. but anyway, now i'm back, and i'm feeling the underlying talent and passion for racing come back, and i'm more excited than ever. i own my running and racing now, and i get to direct my running life. wow. that's completely awesome.

besides running, i have toby. toby is the dog. toby wears his UMD bandana when he does those mile fun runs with me. so far, he is the only canine finisher of the VA Memorial 5K mile fun run. two years, in fact! he's fantastic. and he eats celery.

funny thing--i have a lot of things on my mind, but it's now hard to get out. maybe it's because it's the stuff that means the most is the hardest to reveal. i might get to it eventually.

wait-- country music on a pop station? not that there's anything wrong with that...

No comments: