6.22.2005

My dog

that's toby at the annual Terp Runner road mile. he was the first canine finisher. woo!
everybody i know brags about their kids. so smart this, so cute that, etc., etc. not that there's anything wrong with that. but at this point, i get to brag about toby. he's a pointer/husky/lab mutt who runs with me every now and again. right now, he's taking it easy on the living room floor--it's far too hot and humid to run him today. aside from the fact that he's given me two concussions and caused a tiny hairline fracture in my thumb, *all* by accident of course, he's been great. he has his toybox. every night, i pick up his stuffed animals, ropes and rubber balls and put them away. and then every morning, he gets up, gets ALL the toys out and plays with them. and then sometimes (like this PM), he carefully puts his toys near him and then sleeps. that's my boy.
the best--when my younger nephew was around 1, he couldn't really figure out my dog's name. so benici called him "tuba." now that his vocabulary has progressed, he now calls the dog "tuby." :)

No comments: