5.03.2006

back on my feet and off my back

numerous things to report:

first, vanishing scent ben gay is beautiful. though still sore, i'm up like an elevator and all about doing my thing.

second, the ambush was a riotous success. and i say riotous because MATH4202 will have spent all day harrassing chris, saying "chris & jojo, sittin in a tree..." and everyone will be crying with laughter. i'm not kidding. anyway, the cookies were loved by all, and chris loved the fresh asparagus. also, i am apparently well-loved by chris's fellow nerds; i am grateful that the numerically inclined will so generously allow a woman of letters into their fold. i get to be a nerd too! YAY! so, to all you haters named steve handy, HA-HA! you owe me a movie of my choosing. and shoot me if i choose rob roy....

third, i have a new job today. once again, it's a temp position, but at this point, work is work (e.g., a paycheck is a paycheck). i'm starting out as a computer person for Classic Photography in ellicott city, and i spent all day itemizating, touching up and saving kids' team pictures. so, not bad, right? BUT OH-HO! one of the co-owners asked me if i want to go on some shoots and learn how to do it all so that i can do it on my own at some point. ARE YOU KIDDING?! i have missed photography ever since i changed majors at umbc. that was foolish of me. i had far too little patience for the science, and i got angry at those who tried to foist their artistic sensibilities on me. and i let that stop me. but now, i have a chance to start again! and you know the funny thing? my sophomore year, i was setting goals for my future... and i still loved photography, and i was discovering my passion for literature... and i remember very distinctly writing down that i would one day do photography AND have a PhD in English...


oh, and i'll be working the world cheerleading championships this weekend. i hope they have the girls from Turin. then it'll be a *real* competition!

2 comments:

Nick said...

Turin? Nah, their all under shrouds.

HA-HA!

Nick said...

Oh god, I did it. I mixed up they're with their. This is what I get for blogging after 11pm.