5.02.2006

on my back all day

not fun. yesterday was rough. i think i pulled a fair amount of back muscles (probably around my lats...) in the morning, and it isn't until you've f***** up your back that you realize how much you use it. it was painful to sit and stand. even when i was lying around and doped up on advil (well, as much as a girl can be), the pain didn't go away. barf. BUT, i decided last night that i would be okay today because i didn't want to be bored to tears. plus i had cool stuff i wanted to do. so, this morning, i was still tight and sore, but i willed my body to cooperate. and i'm glad i did. moving around has helped some, and i am really grateful not being bored to tears. yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!


thanks to my iron will and constitution, i have gone to rite aid and superfresh and am now baking cookies. hopefully my strength will hold up (with assistance from smelly bengay) so that i can ambush somebody later this afternoon. awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those Thermacare wrap type things do wonders--they allow you to keep having the benefits of a heating pad while still being able to move.

Nick said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nick said...

Yeah, screwed up my last post...

You know what else works? Muscle relaxers! I pinched a nerve in my back and was in similar pain. Oh boy did they help.