5.22.2006

riddle me this

so, how exactly does God work? i think He has a sense of humor when opening our eyes to Him, you know? since april, i've been doing the drudgery that is job searching, and this whole time, i'm thinking, "WHERE THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO BE, GOD?? HMMMM???

and God must have a direct line to my mom, who always says that things happen when we least expect them. just this morning i was giving up on the job opportunity with the fitness company, and i randomly (yeah, not so random, probably) get an email from the president inviting me to the employee training sessions. !!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously?!

so here comes the hard part.

how do i handle the logistics? i have to get some information from tom, like how many classes/sessions i'd be leading (relating to paycheck), where he most needs me to work, etc. then, based on that, i have to figure out--how do i leave the job i'm at? do i leave before the training, giving them the time to fill my position but leaving me bereft of $$$ for a little? do i wait until afterward and wrap things up quickly, thereby kind of giving them the shaft but still earning myself a little bit of dough before i go?

and do i move? that's based on where and how often tom needs me to teach. i was talking to meawad (a favorite person!!!), and he said that i should think about what i would regret the most--staying in baltimore or uprooting and heading to DC. i'm already feeling that baltimore is getting stale...

but i think the best direction i've ever gotten comes from my sister-in-law maria, who in turn got it from a former pastor of hers:

--you know it's time to move when God provides a calling, an opportunity, and the resources.




i see something exciting unfolding here...

No comments: