2.14.2007

last reflection for valentine's day

so today was a snow day, and i was able to sleep in until 10:30* there are perks to being a teacher! anyway, not really being able to go out and about, i had a boatload of time to get things done* things done included doing laundry, walking toby a lot, cleaning the entire apartment, cooking some boring lunch, writing lesson plans, playing the piano, playing the guitar, watching ACC basketball (go Terps, beat the Wolfpack!) and making hershey's dark chocolate brownies* the brownies part was my favorite*

least favorite part of the day: not really being able to go out and about* i'm not cheesy-licious about valentine's day, but i have this thing about being with people on special days* or, more accurately put, being with my significant other on special days* so for that reason, today was a little tough* i love toby to pieces, but my valentine he did not make*

favorite part of the day: i was getting seriously bored after having cleaned and finished doing laundry* and i mean seriously* i couldn't have feigned interest in anything in my apartment* my mood began to decline* it's valentine's day after all! and just as i was about to get cranky, my phone rang* chris called me* i don't know how he does it, but he has such perfect timing* we didn't even talk about much, just snow and food* and somehow, that's enough* he doesn't need to shower me with roses, he doesn't need to go over-the-top with sweet nothings, and he doesn't need to lavish me with expensive gifts* what he does do is something that i couldn't have even thought to ask for--he makes me feel as though i'm the only woman in the world* thank you, chris*


xo, everybody!

No comments: