2.08.2007

men, here's a reason not to take a shower:

ladies, how many times has the man come home sweating like a hog? and how many times does he smell to high-heaven? well, CNN (they're going for broke this month!) brings us an article that exhorts us to get off their backs and enjoy some extra... doses of cortisol.

guys, it seems to tell us that you need to do all the manly manual labor that you can think of, stuff that will make you perspire gallons. you need to do double workouts at the gym, and you need to sit in saunas while wearing woolen sweatsuits. okay, maybe not the last one, but still. think of all the benefits listed in the article. yay for you!

back to ladies... please realize that there are amazing peripheral perks to the man dripping with sweat, with one of the main ones being big many manual labor things being done around the house/apartment/etc. not that i advocate us taking the whimpering woman stance of "i can't do it because i'm a girl," or the "i'm simply too lazy to get off my ass to do something that i certainly could do myself" attitude. far from it. what i
am saying is that if you stop nagging him to be incredibly immaculate, everybody is happier for it, and he will be less inclined to give cold shoulders and ignore things. this is just my opinion, but i think that men like to feel needed and appreciated, especially for things that make them feel strong in whatever way. thus, he'd feel more inclined to do some of the heavier stuff.

so i've probably diluted my main points, and most likely i've put
someone off by my perhaps mistaken generalizations. here's what it boils down to:

girls, let guys be sweaty, mucky, dirty, and smelly, all in time for valentine's day, and enjoy that extra jolt of cortisol!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've always known that I'm attracted to sweaty men. I mean, not the "oh, I just am naturally someone that sweats a lot, even if I'm just sitting here" kind of sweaty man, but the "Oh, this work is so hard out here in the sun, but it's really working my ripply muscles, ooo, is that lemonade, sweetie? Come here and touch my biceps" kind of sweaty man.