7.23.2007

iPod game, modified

so here's the idea. i'll post some lyrics from songs that are shuffling on my iPod right now. if you can guess ALL ten songs and the artists correctly, you'll get a prize. a gold star or something. or points. we'll see how good your answers are. here it goes:

1. Shine through times with rhymes bright like yellow
Taste and swallow, lead and never follow,
Break it like a bottle

2. I was the pirate, she was the queen
Sir Francis and Elizabeth, the best there's ever been
Then she strolled past my table and stopped at the stairs
Then sent me a smile as she reached for Flaubert

3. hard one--Love of two is one
Here but now they're gone (hint: *cow bell*)

4. Well, I'm standing on a corner
In Winslow, Arizona
And such a fine sight to see (i've actually been to Winslow, AZ)

5. You run your finger round the rim of his glass
You run your fingers through his hair
They scratch across his back

6. give source of the dialogue & the name of the song after it:
I love you, Pumpkin... I love you, Honey Bunny.
Everybody be cool, this is a robbery!
Any of you fucking pricks move,
And I'll execute every mother-fucking last one of you!

7. We're blessed with the force and the sight of electronics
With the bass, and the treble, the horns and our vocals

8. I think of us someplace
High on a mountain
Smoke clears
Fog lifts
Little by little
We'll rebuild again

9. If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix.
You're a star, oh child.

10. Strange what desire will make foolish people do
I never dreamed I'd love somebody like you

there you go. you'll get extra points and gold stars and possibly the prize behind Door 3 if you can make a conjecture about my personality based on the songs above.

***i was told that this (as originally posted on my myspace blog) was ridiculously hard. in deference to the individual who castigated me, i'll list in random order the artists so that you can match things up.

U2, Jimmy Buffett, the Eagles, Pulp Fiction, Jurassic 5, Chris Isaak(s?), Rage Against the Machine, Wallflowers, Blue Oyster Cult, Dire Straits

the exhortation to decipher a piece of my personality still stands. now have at it!

2 comments:

Wacky Neighbor said...

This was really tough. Can't even figure out the U2 song yet.

3. Blue Oyster Cult, "Don't Fear the Reaper"

4. The Eagles, "Take It Easy"

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.