4.10.2006

saturday

FYI-make sure your boyfriend grabs his track pants before he meets your father for the first time.

anyway. yeah, that was a big thing for me this weekend. after making plans at different times (weeks apart), i suddenly realized that chris and Dad would cross paths at my house. you have to understand--it was great when he met my mom. they clicked a lot. as for my dad, i wasn't as confident. Dad is pretty protective of me and wants to destroy any guy he thinks is going to hurt his daughter. chris is also increasingly important to me, and i didn't want him to budge either. i felt like the planets were about to collide. fortunately, i'm just overanxious all the time. chris and Dad got along very well, the whole pants issue went unmentioned, and, while chris was upstairs looking for said pants, Dad said, "i can see why you like this guy." that's all he had to say.

that evening, we got together with Lanny and Joy (chris's parents) for dinner in DC. they treated us to a fantastic meal at spezie's near farragut (sp?) north, and when i say "treated," oh lord do i mean 500x more than anybody ever treats anybody. what strikes me was how eagerly Lanny and Joy did this for us, how they even invited me to join them, and how warm they are to me. at the end of the night, it wasn't a surprise that Joy gave me a hug, but even Lanny hugged me! it amazed me. i've only spent time with these people only once before, but maybe it's something different this time. maybe they, especially Joy, can read me and understand how much i care about their son.

and they didn't find out about the pants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so in.

Joey said...

really?