6.09.2007

i have GOT to stop pulling muscles

so i finally made it into a pool today. and it was bad. now i'm really nervous about the tri because my form is shitty, and i have roughly two months before the Catfish. what happens is that i can do the arms okay, but i have never felt comfortable with the breathing. then i get nervous while swimming, and my form gets worse, and so on and so forth. part of it, i know, is that i try to go too fast, and i should slow down and concentrate on the simple mechanics. but, the obvious problem is that i can't see wtf i'm doing. i've consulted my triathlete friends, and i've heard two schools of thought: a) it's absolutely essential to log lots of pool time or else i'll fall apart, and b) just doggie-paddle if i have to and concentrate on one piece at a time so that i can finish. i'm more encouraged by the latter, but the former is freaking me out when i'm in the pool. HELP!

although, i do look killer in my speedo. ;)

the other piece of today's pool time is that, because i was trying harder than i should have, my triceps are bugging me. of course, it's a common thing when starting something new. but my entire right side has been aching for the past few days, so that makes me uneasy. i can still run, bike and swim fine, but afterward, i'm so freaking uncomfortable. sometimes, the aches wake me up. that can't be good. it's tough because i have no reference point on what the hell i'm doing. i have no training partners/coaches/etc. in close proximity; it's all advice from friends via email or from credible websites. if anyone can offer suggestions on how to ameliorate these problems, i would be super-appreciative.

so, i have no idea how far or how long i swam, although it was just a beginner's day and really not all that much. i tried though. *sigh* this triathlon is going to be really hard.

:(

No comments: