6.30.2007

mileage, bike

got on my bike today. the real bike. did the B&A trail, and i was really pleased. i haven't been on that particular bike in a while, so i had to adjust, play with the gears a little bit, etc., but overall, it was fine. it was particularly exciting to realize how good i felt, even after completing 9 1/2 miles. i'm successfully relaxing by just logging the time. no pressure! yes!

the only issue i had was my fear of falling. i don't remember having this fear as a child, but, since then, it's become quite amplified, and i'm terrified of my body going fast. perhaps it's that i have no sense of where my body is in space and thus lose control of it very quickly... anyway, this fear always emerges when my body is going fast and going downhill. not good for being on a bike. but, i did it! i was able to go the whole time without falling downhill! instead, i fell going uphill.

seriously. i did. this kid in front of me was having trouble going up, and he lost his balance and consequently fell to his left. i had to quickly adjust and swerved to miss him, but then i lost my balance and bit it, right into the fence on the left. he felt so guilty, even when i reassured him that i was fine. i really should have indicated that i was as close as i was, so it's probably partially my own dumb fault. anyway, that was my fall for the day, with the scars to prove it. but, i was out, had a good ride (60 min.), and enjoyed an absolutely beautiful day while doing it.

:)

No comments: