6.16.2007

mileage update, etc.

so i've still been plagued by injuries, so i put in some time in the pool while i was at my parents' place this past week. i did my laps a la galloway, which is really helpful, considering that's my weakest point. that also saved on any wear & tear, thank goodness. today, again, i wanted to spare my body, so i lifted at the gym and did elliptical (reverse, for hamstrings). immediately after getting back to my place, i hopped in the pool for a cool-down swim, for two reasons: 1) relaxes the muscles and speeds recovery afterward and 2) gets me in the water again. i don't know of any specific distances today, but i got the time in, which almost seems to be the main idea anyway.

other update. a few assholes notwithstanding, my faith in humanity is somewhat restored. HALLELUJAH! and i was beginning to worry that common courtesy had become extinct. and, so beautifully, at the very moment when i think it's dead and gone, very pleasant surprises pop up out of nowhere and simply make my day. so thank you to those who still practice daily kindnesses and don't make jerks of themselves. you're beautiful.

oh, and here's the most random but new favorite sign:


No comments: